Go Back   Toyota Corolla Forum > Corolla Forums > 1998 - 2002 Toyota Corolla

Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
CorollaCEOwner

Default 2000 Corolla - Check Engine Light

Three weeks ago, I have taken my 2000 Toyota Corolla to replace a Catalytic Converter; as well as the Oxygen Sensor. Where I paid $448 to replace it. Therefore, the Check Engine light came on and I took it back to the mechanic where I gotten the vehicle worked on. The mechanic replaced the faulty oxygen sensor. Now the vehicle seems it wants to hesitate and it gets sluggish when I pull from the stoplight/stop sign; as if the vehicle wants to stop altogether. I taken the vehicle to Auto Zone to do a code check on the vehicle. And it read as the following:

-Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (circuit slow response)
-Open or short ciruit condition
-Poor electrical connection
-EFI relay fault

It has gotten to a point that I left the vehicle in front of the house and started taking public transportation; because I don't want the vehicle to break down on the street or on the expressway. Since I returned to the workforce two months ago, I don't have the financial resources to purchase another vehicle. I am at wits end. Any suggestions?

CorollaCEOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Corolla Forum

Join Corolla Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 09-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Scott O'Kashan
Super Moderator

The vehicle needs to be diagnosed by a competent professional automotive technician. I recommend a Toyota dealership for this.

Independent AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants Dealer.
World leading AMSOIL cutting edge technology with prices lower than Mobil 1 and other competing synthetics. Send a private message for a price quote.
Scott O'Kashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
CorollaCEOwner

@ Scott O'Kashan.

I realized why the "Check Engine" light was on for the Toyota Corolla.

Two weeks ago, the BP Refinery in Northwestern Indiana contained some bad gas and it was delivered to the BP Gas Stations in Indiana, parts of Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Like many other motorists; including myself, purchased some gasoline from the BP Gas Station. A lot of motorists were affected by the very bad gas in which more than 6,000 vehicles received the bad gas. The problems were:

-Check Engine light remained on
-Vehicle hesistated or stalled when pulling off from the stop sign/light
-Engine felt like it was knocking
-Vehicle would not start at all

Therefore, I had to file a claim with BP and to show proof of purchase of the dates that I purchased gas at BP. I also had to show them the repairs for the vechicle.

Other than that, the Check Engine light didn't come back on. I had to get the fuel injectors cleaned out and had to put a higher octane of gas in the car. The car runs much better now; since I had to change to another gas instead of BP.

If you go on "Google", search under BP Gas Recall and read their stories.
CorollaCEOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
jackbower6864

Default I hope this helps

this may help but there are more than 1 oxygen sensor onboard this video should help show you.

Last edited by Scott O'Kashan; 09-02-2014 at 11:29 PM.
jackbower6864 is offline   Reply With Quote