1.8 Exclusive CVT - Idle RPM Question

I have a 2020 Corolla 2.0 liter CVT SE, made in Japan, purchased in Roswell, GA, USA. I have 5000 miles on it. It vibrates at stop lights, usually after cruising at 60mph or so.
When I went for my dealership Toyocare, check up and oil change, the Toyota service tech told me, "That's just your direct injection."
1/ Is he right?
2/ Has anyone here had this vibration issue become a mechanical danger issue, over time?

Looks like it's not something the dealership will fix at all, based on the history of this thread.
Thank you.

All you can do at the moment is to start a log and collect data. Make an entry for every occurrence, as evidence. You can also use the Lemon Law, as it applies to your state. If not, get some legal assistance and/or take legal action. It's standard at most dealerships to use the term "normal", when they are technically inept. Long term reliability/safety is definitely a concern. Auto manufacturer's now a days only seem investigate/fix issues related to the number of reported fatalities by the NHTSA. It's not like the good old days, when they actually invested some time and fixed most of the warranty problems at the dealership.
Your issue may be related to the the same problem Toyota's have experienced over the years. If you google the symptom, I'm sure there are a lot of similar complaints out there. You can also document your own complaint, in the link below.

https://www.usa.gov/car-complaints
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Had this happen on a car I was working on after the battery was replaced. It reset the computer and the car(forgot) how to Idle. The fix was to let it idle for 10 minutes not touching the gas pedal to"learn how" to Idle again. It's worth a shot and will only cost .10 cents of fuel

Guys I’m so thankful I found this forum. Well I have a 2015 Scion tC, made in Japan by Toyota. I have had the same haunting vibration at idle, usually worse when the headlights/fog/rear window defroster is on. Sometimes when I come to a stop the idle will drop below 500 then raise back up, the car shakes, feels like it’s going to die but never does. I had Toyota do a EFI service, clean the throttle body, still didn’t help. I logged a complaint with Toyota headquarters as it seems the FRS and Camry had this same issue and it was fixed with a TSB. I’m most certain it’s the ecu, because I’ve only got 25k miles and I’ve changed the plugs preventatively, new battery, coolant flush, nothing has helped this issue. It’s so frustrating because it’s annoying. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn’t. I had Toyota test the whole electrical system and everything was fine, they seem to say “this car has a ton of sensors so if something was wrong a cel would show”. Which I kind of believe but don’t when it starts shaking at idle in drive. I just hope Toyota comes out with a TSB update for our cars showing these symptoms. I even had a tech drive with me and he said “seems normal”. I’ve had two dealerships look at it and have found nothing. I’m so frustrated! If you guys ever find a fix please let me know.

Mines started doing that around 120k. Apart of me is thinking it could be the spark plugs due to the age so im going to change them and see if theres a difference.

My 2012 Corolla as same problem, low rpm at stops and transmission on drive, car vibrates heavily. I will clean the fuel filter, air filter, throttle body and injectors tomorrow. Let's see if that solves it.