14 Corolla LED Fog Light Kits 10W LED Kit V.S 35W LED Kit

I found 2 kits that I am looking at, the Nokya Kit on Amazon with 6000K Temp and it put's out 10W pure bulb with 1,200L vs a kit that my installer has for normal H11 headlights that will fit in the H16 fog light spot. Those are rated at 35W pure bulb with a total of 3,200L. Can I still use those or will it melt the housing? I know that it's not a standard bulb at 55W, I just wanted to double check. Thank you.

shah23

If I'm not mistaken the 35W bulbs will melt the housing. Hopefully someone can chime in on that. I think it's safer to stick with the 10W bulbs. That's what I did.

That's what I was thinking I just want to make sure cause I don't want to mess anything up lol. I can get the 10w Nokya kit on Amazon. My appointment is Thursday of next week so I need to order them ASAP if I need to get the Nokya ones instead of the ones that my installer has.

shah23

Yeah I didn't see the post but I read someone melted their housing from putting I think a 35W bulb. The install is really easy! Just a matter of taking off like 2-3 screws and pulling the plastic down and reaching in and changing the bulb. I did mine in like 5 minutes. But hey man post pics when you get it installed!

Yeah my installer has another kit that's 2,500 Lums and each bulb is 20w which should be fine! So I'm going to have him put them in! :)

That is also my concern. LEDs are not hot and therefore the fog lights are safe. The fuse, harness and electronics are the issue of potential damage here. Does anyone experience these?
Thanks.