’15 S or ‘16 LE

Hey everyone, newbie to the site. In the process of purchasing a Corolla. I have the option of a 2015 S with 28k miles or a 2016 LE with 38k miles. Same basic price within $200. Any suggestions, on which model to go with? Thanks for your help!

Hey, good decision first of all. Me personally, I bought the LE Premium with push to start and navi, sunroof, every option basically because they didn't have "S" in that configuration. On top of that the LE grill looked better to me than the s model but that's my personal opinion.

Considering that engine power is the same, compare the options on both cars and get the one that's more loaded. I could never live without push to start button after owning this car for two years. What's funny it's the exact same button as used on 2017 or 18 Lexus RX that my cousin has. Also, which model has keyless entry, or whatever you call it where the door unlock when you grab the door handle. That feature alone would be enough to sway me towards one and not the other. IF LE has better options, go with LE, if S does, go with S.

Aside from that maybe it's me but at least on this forum I've been noticing that there are more reported problems with the S model. Not sure if it's because they're mostly owned by youngsters and they beat the crap out of them or not but in reality you can't go wrong with either one. Check carfax on both and make sure oil has been changed regularly and if any of the two vehicles were in an accident. Most likely the s was owned by a younger person and has been driven more aggressively compared to LE but it could be the other way around. Good luck with your decision and let us know which one you purchased.

Awesome advice, thank you. They both appear to be equally equipped. Outside of the sportier look and the paddle shifters (which are no big deal to me) they have the same options. I’ll have to check in the door entry to be sure. I don’t see it listed in the descriptions of either