18" wheels 2016 Corolla

Hi everyone, looking for some insight, want to move from 16" to 18" but would like to know which fits best to my 2016 Corolla, 225/40r18, 220/40r18 or 215/40r18.
Don't want any fender issues or rubbing caused from the tire rotation or turning.

http://www.willtheyfit.com

I went from 205/55/16x6.5 w/39mm offset to 225/45/18x8 w/35mm offset. Have zero issues but I wish I had bought 245 tires. The 35mm offset brought my wheels out just enough where they line up with the body.
Depending on how wide your wheels are going to be, will determine the width of the tire that can be mounted.
What I mean is, if you start going too wide the tire will bulge out under your wheel. Same if the sidewalls are too tall.
More places seem to have 225/45/18's in stock than the other sizes you listed. That's mainly why I went with this size.
40's are available also but might be special order.
You could go up to 19x9 rims, but you'll have to research the appropriate offset. Some others here on the forum have done this.
Hope this helps a little. Check out the website above, should help.

Hi everyone, looking for some insight, want to move from 16" to 18" but would like to know which fits best to my 2016 Corolla, 225/40r18, 220/40r18 or 215/40r18.
Don't want any fender issues or rubbing caused from the tire rotation or turning.
I too upgraded to 18x8" wheels, with 225/40 tires. Honestly, I wish I had gone with a 35 or even a 30 series tire. I prefer a more low profile look with the tires.

I too upgraded to 18x8" wheels, with 225/40 tires. Honestly, I wish I had gone with a 35 or even a 30 series tire. I prefer a more low profile look with the tires.
I think your good with the 40's. If any lower you might adversely effect the handling. If you get too low, you'll lose the flexibility in the tire and just skip around the corners. Lol
Could be fun though!:confused::cool:

I think your good with the 40's. If any lower you might adversely effect the handling. If you get too low, you'll lose the flexibility in the tire and just skip around the corners. Lol
Could be fun though!:confused::cool:
LOL! That might be fun!!! :p

The thing is that the sidewall height is a percentage of the width of the tire. Therefore with a wider tire, a 40 series is still 40% off the width. When going from a 7" wide to the 8" wide tire, like I did, the wider tire is taller. My car even sits higher than it did on the factory 17x7's & 205/40's.

Back to the skipping around corners... With a lower profile tire, you have less sidewall roll; so theoretically you'll keep more tread under the wheel, maintaining better traction. Albeit traction is highly dependent on the tire compound & the road conditions at the time.