18x8.5 wheels, will they rub?

Tamiko

So I might be buying a set of wheels and preferred 18x8 so I wont have rubbing issues, but the lowest size the set I want comes in is 18x8.5. I am only dropped on springs by 2inches , front and rear with my 2015 corolla. Will an 8.5 rub? Also what would be the best size tires to get with them?

What's the offset? I use to have 18x8.5 +35 with 225/40 tires and had no issues rubbing. Ran that setup with lowering springs, coilovers and air suspension.

Tamiko

What's the offset? I use to have 18x8.5 +35 with 225/40 tires and had no issues rubbing. Ran that setup with lowering springs, coilovers and air suspension.
Offset is +35. Awesome, do you have any pics? Some people told me that 8 or bigger would rub, but i feel like its really not that big. If you had no issues i will probably go with that set up for now. Thanks :)

Offset is +35. Awesome, do you have any pics? Some people told me that 8 or bigger would rub, but i feel like its really not that big. If you had no issues i will probably go with that set up for now. Thanks :)
18x8.5 +35 will give you a backspacing of 6.13 inches.
Stock "S" wheels (17x7 +39) have 5.54 inches.
Just some info.

Bro where did you get that front lip? It looks nice. Did you have trouble putting it on? I tried putting in a 2006 sti lip and it didn't work so well, I've been told you can try an FRS lip but the one you have looks good

Bro where did you get that front lip? It looks nice. Did you have trouble putting it on? I tried putting in a 2006 sti lip and it didn't work so well, I've been told you can try an FRS lip but the one you have looks good
If you're talking about my front lip.. At first I had the mapisa front lip which is from their body kit. Once I broke through two of those I went with a front lip made for the LE front bumper but has a similar style to the FRS front lip. The actual FRS front lip doesn't reach end to end on the Corolla's bumper.

As far as installing, the black front lip installation was a breeze. I just removed my front bumper, flipped it upside down (masking the side that would be on the ground to prevent scratching the paint) and used a couple of clamps to hold the lip in place. Once I was satisfied with the fitment I used nuts and bolts to secure it to my bumper. I didn't use the screws that came with it as I didn't want the lip to rip off since my car was so low.

Last edited:
If you're talking about my front lip.. At first I had the mapisa front lip which is from their body kit. Once I broke through two of those I went with a front lip made for the LE front bumper but has a similar style to the FRS front lip. The actual FRS front lip doesn't reach end to end on the Corolla's bumper.

As far as installing, the black front lip installation was a breeze. I just removed my front bumper, flipped it upside down (masking the side that would be on the ground to prevent scratching the paint) and used a couple of clamps to hold the lip in place. Once I was satisfied with the fitment I used nuts and bolts to secure it to my bumper. I didn't use the screws that came with it as I didn't want the lip to rip off since my car was so low.

Where did you buy the first lip? The black one? It looks great