1980's Corolla - Rear Brake Swap

I was wondering if any body has done this swap yet. I have 81 corolla wagon. I need to up grade rear brakes or swap axles. Any info would be helpful thanks guys:D

Well first off working on drum brakes is a big pain lol . Up grading to disc will improve my stopping and make it easier to work on. As far as the axle swap goes I'm planing a engine swap later on down the road and I will need a stronger axle. I'm looking for a rear axle with disc brakes if I can find one. I've done axle swaps in big lifted trucks so this should be to hard.

To notice any real difference in braking with an economy car like a Corolla, you'd have to be driving the car like a maniac and constantly be pushing it to the limit. For that little benefit, in my opinion it's wise just to leave it the way the engineers designed it and avoid all the headaches, expense and hassle. Drum brakes aren't so hard anyway and generally are much easier to do than a rear disc brake system and having the hassle of dealing with the parking brake mechanism.

To answer your question. You can use a 85-87 twin can rear end. It is already an lsd rear end, it bolts up no mods and it is disc brakes. I need the same diff but it has been a bear trying to find one. I have an 82 corolla with a 2rz tacoma engine in it and with the stock rear all i do is spin. Hopefully i was able to help. Let me know if you find more than one. I need one.