1989 EE90 Radio Mystery

Up until a few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I decided to buy our first car (we'd both been driving motorcycles up to that point), so we bought the first thing that came along, a nice little 1989 EE90 XL, 5 door hatchback, manual tranny, great. It's been running awesome, except it's missing a radio. I happened to have what appeared to be a toyota OEM radio, complete with toyota harness, except one glitch! It didn't fit. I did a bunch of research, and found nothing for toyota except what looked like the one I had, that didn't fit. I found but one article that even hinted at the existence of a second type, and the picture looked exactly like mine, but it had no information about where I could buy a harness like theirs. Out of desperation I went to my local auto shop to talk to someone there about it, and I was told that there are in fact two types, but they don't carry the second one. Attached is a picture of the plug attached to the wiring loom of my car, do you know where I can find a harness for this?

My next best solution would be diking out the old plug, and soldering in a plug of a more common standard, but soldering directly to the permanent wiring of the car is a dangerous game.

Attachments