1990 Toyota Corolla starting issues...

Hey guys I have a problem

I just purchased a 1990 Toyota Corolla from a guy 4 hours away from me.
he stated it had not been driven in 3 or 4 months and had a starting issue (as in would'nt start without starting fluid) I drove it the 4 hours home without it dying or anything shut it off at a couple gas stations and it started right up.... Now it seems it does'nt want to start most of the time... when it runs tho it sounds strong and seems like its fine except it ocasionally will die when i'm sitting at a light or something

I'm assuming since spraying starting fluid helps the situation it is fuel related so i changed the gas line from the filter to the tank (it had a kink in it and i thought this may be causing low pressure) and I also changed the fuel filter.

any ideas on what to check going forward?

Oh ya I did run seafoam thru it when i got it home (thru the intake manifold and put some in the tank) it smoked like crazy and seemed to run better for a bit but now back to square one...

Any help would be appreciated I'd love to get this baby running again P.S. it got 34 mpg on the 4 hour trip back!

assuming a EFI 4afe eng . . .try the cold start sensor (looks like a temp sensor in the head just above the tranny on the drivers side) . . . and cold start injector in the middle of the intake manifold . . . the starting fluid suggests your not getting the extra fuel when the eng is cold