1993 Corolla Squealing Issue

I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla with the 1.6 L engine. I am having a couple of issues with it. The first issue is that when I start it up it squeals constantly. It sounds like the squealing is coming from behind the egine like by the intake manifold, or possibly from the engine itself. While it's in idle even if I put my foot on the gas some to raise the rpm's the squealing doesnt stop. While I am driving, it only squeals at low rpm's, so basically if I am accelerating pretty good the squealing is gone, but when I am off the gas or only on the gas a little bit the squealing is there.

The other issue is after driving the car for like 10 or 15 minutes the check engine light will come on, and then the other day when I was driving, right after the check engine light came on I was stopped waiting to turn and the car just died, and it wouldn't start back up the first try but then it started the second try. If I turn the car off and back on the check engine light will be off again, so I dont think I could even get that checked.

Here is some more information that might help...a while back the car overheated a couple of times, and it ended up having a blown head gasket, so over a few months I changed the head gasket (and other gaskets of course), and I put in a new timing belt...and in trying to fix the squealing..well at first, I was able to get the squealing to go away by messing with the tension on the alternator belt, but after a while that stopped working. So anyway I replaced the alternator belt as well as the power steering pump belt and the a/c belt, and it sounded like the squealing was coming from the water pump so I replaced the water pump, which did not help. Well I finally realized I could just take all the belts off and start the car up to see if it was even coming from the drive belt area, so I did that, and the same squealing was still there, so I know it's not the belt tension or a pulley or anything to do with the belts now...so now I am at a total loss, could it have anything to do with the timing?? Cuz there is a chance that I set the timing wrong, or, well I think there is a decent chance that I may not have put the distributor on the right way or something...or after doing some research I suspected that it might have been the camshaft position sensor...but I think on this car that is part of the distributor..could it be that though? And if it was would I need a whole new distributor?? Any help at all would be great, I am getting really frustrated with this. Sorry for all the words, I wanted to describe my issue as best as possible though.

Thanks,

Jesse.