1994 Toyota Corolla - Maintenance and Repair

MIkeySq

Wrench Junkie
Hi New To the Forum, not new to Forums in general;)

I have not worked on a Corolla in the past but I will soon work on one, This Christmas i will be travelling to the Philippines for a holiday and the brother-in-law has a 94 corolla.

i will be soon shipping some stuff over[because shipping is cheap] like a battery, brakes etc

I was wondering what are some things i should buy[in Canada] and ship over to install. Knowing that not much if any maintenance has been done on this car, i will be sending basics but are are there things i should look in to sending?? spark plugs, wires, distributor cap rotor etc??

also I don't know the car and what it may have when I do general parts searches I'm asked if it has a 1.6L engine or a 1.8L engine, how will i find that out? [remember car is on other side of the planet from me]

any know or problem issues would be great

All that I know about the car is that it is a 1994 Corolla nothing else. If there are differences in these cars what do i need to know when buying parts.

Thanks
Mike

MIkeySq

Wrench Junkie
Just want to add Not sure what the global similarities are on these cars, as i know a lot of the US and Canadian Corollas of this era are from the plant in Cambridge Ontario i wonder if anyone knows if the corollas from the another side of the word share the same parts and components

Mike