1998 corolla, started, died, burning smell

Kimmy

So I started the car, immediately died; smelled burning smell. I tried to start it again, wouldnt do anything. Sounded like fan motor was still running. Lights were dim. Blinker light on. Tail lights on. All dim.

Called my son who is not really a mechanic, but he started looking at fuses under hood. He took out the one labeled HEAD. Somehow he got fan to stop running. Got car started, lights very dim. Drive to auto parts store and bought another HEAD fuse, verbage on fuse (relay toyota, 90987-02006. 056700-6912 12v.) He said wasn't the problem. Lights still dim, blinker light on.

Anyhow, car is running, a/c working. But I do not dare drive at night.

I was looking on your website, and found a guy named cody who had similar problems. Something about DRL. my son looked under passenger side under glove box in sidewall. He said it seems like that is where the burn smell is coming from.

Any suggestions please. Cant take to shop now. Would be afoot. Im just going to drive only in daytime.

Kimmy

Well was driving. Today car would not start again. Brake light on. Pulled out the Head fusr, got it to start, died again, started again. Msde it home by putting in neutral and giving gas st stoplights, (dont know if necessary). Scared to move it.