1999 Corolla - Sounds Like it Has Rocks in the Engine?

My car was driving fine last night. I didn't need to go anywhere today until it was time for work. When I started driving my car it sounded like there were a bunch of little rocks pinging around inside the engine. I got to work fine, when I got ready to leave I started my car and it was still making that awful noise. Not even 2 minutes down the road the oil light, battery light, and check engine light flashed and in the same second it was like my engine just shut down. When I hit the breaks it was almost like they didn't work and I was barely able to pull the car into a parking lot and get it to stop. Now I can't even get it to start. The inside lights and radio come on when I turn the ignition, but the motor won't even attempt to turn over. Does anyone possibly know what has happened and if it's going to require an expensive amount of work? I just had an oil change down about 2 months ago and had it checked a couple weeks ago. I also checked my oil before leaving work and the levels were fine. I believe I'm at about 90K miles and I have never had any major problems with the car before this. I just really need some kind of idea of what I'm dealing with here. Thanks!!!

1998 corolla