1999 Transmission Mount Problems

So I picked up a 1999 Corolla 4 speed automatic, previous owner said it needed a new motor mount and that he had already replaced the tranny mount. So far I've replaced all 3 engine mounts and the viberations continued so I went to work on the tranny mount to see it he did replace it.
It is a new mount and I could see that the tranny "bracket" (metal bolted to the top of the transmission the mount bolts into, not sure what it would be called) rubs on the mount on one side. The source of the viberation. When I took it out to see if it was damaged running it with the 3 shot motor mounts but it looks fine. But I did notice when taking it out that the mount was under alot of tention. In fact it was nearly impossible to put back in (had to us a long pry bar to move the tranny back far enoung to do it.
So far I've check to make sure I have a 4 speed tranny like thought it was, checked to make sure I had the correct tranny mount, got a another mount to compair mine to to see if it was made correctly, looked to make sure nothing was binding with the mount in place and without it in place, look for signs of an accident that would account for the problem (nothing).
There is a different set of mounting holes under the tranny bracket any chance I could have the wrong bracket? Cant find a picture of it on-line and the manuel I looked in showed something completely differnt which I can only guess was the geo prism not the corolla (the manuel was for both). I'm not off by much 1/4" , 1/2" tops which is about the difference in the mounting holes.
Anyone got any ideas? Or know where I can see a pic of how its looks when its in correct so I can see which set of mounting holes I should be using for the tranny bracket?
I'll most likely be calling toyota tomarrow totally banging my head against the wall on this car that was supost to be an "easy" fix
If I attached the pics right one shows the mount rubbing and the other how hard the tranny is pushing on the mount.

Attachments

Update... The tranny bracket has 4 mount holes to hook to the tranny, only three would line-up. But if I moved it so that 4th hole was lined-up and not the others the mount dropped right in place. (Looked over entire engine mount in and mount out nothing binding, rubbing, touching anywhere) Got ahold of the local toyota dealer there are 3 different tranny brackets (manual, 3-speed auto & 4-speed auto). Ofcourse that would be a 4 day wait if I ordered it, so to see if that would fix everything welded over the 3 holes that were being used and re-drilled to line-up using that 4th hole as my reference point. Noise completely gone in park and forward but in reverse it still rubs alittle if you give it enough gas. Thinking either the holes still need to move futher, I need to adjust the front motor mount bolt, or that tranny mount has been damaged slightly from being run the way it was. Not sure how far the mount should move between forward and reverse but it moves futher then I expected to see. Cant find a pic of what the tranny bracket is suppost to look like for a 4-speed auto on-line, dealer says he has pictures so if I can get off work early enough sometime I want to go look. Still might end up ordering one.
If anyone can tell me how far the tranny mount should traval between forward and reverse or has a pic of their tranny bracket for referance that would be great

Just replaced the Transmission mount a few days ago on my 2002 Corolla. The mount I used was made by DEA (A7259) and is for the 4-speed auto transmission. It was a little tricky due to the position of the various different bolts (4 bolts) plus the long center bolt. My Corolla has 157k on it. I've already replaced the passenger side mount, now the trans mount, next I'm going to replace the front lower mount. I used my I-Phone (which I rigged up to a retrieval tool) and lowered it down below the radiator to "get a look at the mount" and I could then clearly see that the rubber has completely separated away from the steel on the mount.

It's sure nice to see someone sharing information on their Corolla for the benefit of everyone else in the forum instead of just asking repair questions. Great job! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: