2000 Carolla Bucking/Jerking

Hello,

I drive a 2000 Carolla vtti (it's a champ!!), which ran perfectly for about 6 months.

Now, and only for the first trip of the day, through low gears, it bucks and stutters. After I ease it up through 4th and 5th is runs like a dream for the day!!

Anybody got a cause or a cure?

Thanks in advance.

casmic

could be a long list of things. How long you warm it up? what gear does it shake it and at what rpm? can you feel the shake in the clutch peddal? if I were to guess id say motor mounts. since you said it ease up at higher gear. Less torsion on the mounts and all. if you feel it through your clutch pedal when start on a gear. prob your clutch. but like I said it could be a 100 things. more info needed.

I don't warm it up. Is that something that should be done? Shakes at 2nd and 3rd, usually about 2500/3000 rpm. No, can't feel it through the clutch. Thanks very much for your response!

casmic

its always good habit to warm up a car before driving. i wait until the needle moves a lil off the C on the water temp gauge. most wear on an engine is on startup and before engine reaches operating temp. as for shake in 2ed 3ed. check mounts, check normal things, look at wheel and input shaft bearings. spark plugs, air filter, mas sensor, O2 sensor, throttlebody, tps, etc make sure clean and in working order, oh yea plug wires also check resistance.