2000 Corolla Mobil1 oil?

Just bought a 2000 Corolla CE.
190kmiles.

Would Mobil1 HM Full Synthetic oil work?

Asking if my 2000 Toyota can handle full synthetic formula.

It should be fine on Mobil 1. For my 2009 Corolla I had an extended warranty so I let dealer do oil changes
until warranty expired at 100k miles. Switched to Mobil 1 after that and have not had any issues. Now at 176k miles
and oil sample reports show no signs of unusual wear.

You should be fine with regular Mobil 1 unless you have some oil leaks. The HM formula has seal swelling ability to help those leaks but if you aren't leaking stick with the normal stuff.

Just put M1 HM 5w30 in my new-to-me 2001 with only 75K miles as I read it has more of the sludge buster stuff than the regular flavor. My thinking was it could help with the piston ring issue... Too early to tell anything, but it runs great. :D

I don’t prefer the seal swelling additives, as the eventually harden the seals more than they would have been.
As for the oil consumption/piston ring issue, I use another Mobil 1product, the 5W40, is marketed towards diesel trucks, has an approval for gas engines however, and works well to help keep things clean. I choose to change at relatively short intervals.
I also strongly suggest if you haven’t already, to get an ecu reflash at the dealer, if an update is available for that engine, it will help things also.

On certain engines, that are known to have issues with the rings sticking, some of the tuning has been adjusted so as to reduce the opportunity for that to happen by way of a reflash of the ecu.
The ignition timing has been initially set up to accommodate emissions, late timing and a lean mixture to help with that. The problem is that the late timing exposes the cylinder walls to the combustion event, this allows the thin layer of oil to become cooked and the residue collects on the rings. The situation gets progressively worse as the rings become less effective in their ability to control the oil.

I did this recently on a later model engine, might be worth checking on.

Interesting... Thanks, I'll check into it at the dealer.

But I'm in Kalifornia, so may not be able to do anything that will mess with emissions... Also, aftermarket reflash shows up on inspection and they'll fail you for it.

Interesting... Thanks, I'll check into it at the dealer.

But I'm in Kalifornia, so may not be able to do anything that will mess with emissions... Also, aftermarket reflash shows up on inspection and they'll fail you for it.
Is a Toyota provided, CAFE legal upgrade in my case, not an aftermarket product per say.
Should be free also!
Not sure of the details on their end and any dealings with the various agencies, but the later engines were part of a class action lawsuit. That drove them to fix that problem, not sure about how they mitigated the side effects.