2000 Corolla Rear Window Repair

OK, first car project so pardon naivete. With that said, here goes --

1) the driver side rear power window on my 2000 corolla is misbehaving - moves only about an inch every 10 min or so, esp in hot weather.
2) Per research online it is either regulator or motor that will need to be replaced.
3) I got as far as removing the panel and the weather stripping inside and now I'm stuck.

All online research seems to indicate I should find bolts that need to be taken out to remove the glass.I can't see any. Seems like the glass is set onto the arm with just rubber packing.

What am I missing?

Also, given that I'm at best a weekend mechanic, any ideas on how to keep the window closed 'mid-repairs' would be very helpful. I'm planing to tape the window in place with packing tape but am open to better ideas.

Thanks !

Last edited:
Managed it. Unmount the window motor assembly (4 bolts) and the entire motor_movement arm comes out.
Replaced the motor ($60 at autozone). It works now. Feeling pretty proud of myself ! :)

Only hairy moment in the exercise was removing the motor from the movement arm. The system is spring loaded and it snapped. Thankfully it was easy to put back together. Also, all digits intact (whew! :)