2002 Corolla - Hit the Curb With Right Rear Tire

Back end slipped out. Anyone know the names of the arms connecting to the tire's hub? One of them is bent noticeably. Any idea how much the repair could cost?

*update*

Got it all fixed for $400 with all new parts. My mechanic was closed, so i took it to napa. Napa gave me a couple price, they were: $2200 with new parts, $1350 used parts, $150 to bend it back with heat, then he added a $500 fee to the $150. Took it to my small mechanic shop and got it all fixed with new parts for $400. Needed an arm which controls the toe-in (I tried removing it myself, started bending a breaker bar. Mechanic cut the arm off.), a bearing and a new rim. Mechanic didn't do alignment, but it drives perfectly straight, should I still take it for alignment?

Front wheel drive vehicles will not generally pull to one side or the other if they need an alignment, until uneven tire wear occurs which will cause the vehicle to pull. But by then, the damage to the tires has been done.

An automotive alignment technician can make alignment adjustments down to 1/16th of an inch so if any of the parts were moved around more than 1/16th of an inch, (sure sounds like they were and much, much more), the vehicle is out of alignment and will need a four wheel alignment. When you call around for prices on a four wheel alignment, make sure to ask if they can provide you a print out of the alignment so you can actually see what the alignment settings were before and after the alignment was completed. This keeps an auto center honest and prevents them from putting your car on a lift, banging around with a hammer for a bit and saying, "There you go! The alignment is done! That will be $75, thank you". Uh-huh. It is not uncommon for dishonest auto centers to claim the printer for their alignment machine is broken and they, "haven't fixed it yet", which is the same line they've given to customers for years. Don't fall for it. If they can't provide you a print out of the alignment settings before and after adjustments are made, go to a different auto center that can so you know you're dealing with honest people and not getting ripped off.

I am shocked they didn't do the four wheel alignment with the repair. In my opinion, that's just incompetent. The vehicles tires will wear out much faster in an out of alignment condition and the fuel economy will also not be as good as it could be.

Last edited: