2002 Corolla SE......BUY for $450? HELP!!

Cousin advises it burns 2 qts a week but runs great. He commutes 100 miles a day. I am an occasional driver. He wants $450. Buy?

Mark
How many miles are on it?? If its high mileage you may be looking at a tranny as well as a motor down the road. Check Kelly Blue book value and determine if you can replace those parts and sill be below value. If its really high mileage other parts are going to wear out soon. Only you can determine if its a good buy for your situation and if it will be dependable enough for you.

How many miles are on it?? If its high mileage you may be looking at a tranny as well as a motor down the road. Check Kelly Blue book value and determine if you can replace those parts and sill be below value. If its really high mileage other parts are going to wear out soon. Only you can determine if its a good buy for your situation and if it will be dependable enough for you.
175,000. I am of the opinion that a $450 investment will allow me to bail easily if all goes to hell. Just me.

I agree with you. its not that big of a investment and if your comfortable go for it. I was just pointing out some of the down side. Thats not bad mileage .

It's hard to repair since you'd have to rebuild the engine. It all boils down to whether or not if you can live with it. The extra oil won't eat into your budget too much, but it will be an annoyance for sure.

Btw, AT or MT? An AT will have to be replaced far down the road when it starts to slip(worse if the fluid is burnt), where as a MT can last forever as long you drive it properly. You just have to replace the clutch as some point.