2003 Corolla - Rocker Panel Rust

hi just wondering if anyone else has experienced rocker panel rust with 03 corolla. mine has started showing bubbles. any advice on how to fix this. thanks.

It will have to be ground off right down to the metal and repainted. If this isn't done soon, the rust will quickly spread and eat away at various parts of the sheet metal causing very expensive to repair damage.

thanks, just wondering if that rust converter is any good to put on after i sand it down to bare metal. i guess i would have to use filler as well

It will probably need more than just sanding. A drill with a grinder attachment might be better. A professional body shop could do the job the best.

Rust converter is good stuff -

Rust converter is good stuff - but it only works on rust. If you apply it to bare metal - it doesn't work as there is nothing to convert. If you have rust bubbles you probably have perforation. And, as you cannot get to the inside of the panels to grind them down, rust converter slopped into the holes before repairing them may be a good idea.

If you have holes to fill be sure to dent them in a little so you have something to 'fill'.

PHM
------

thanks, just wondering if that rust converter is any good to put on after i sand it down to bare metal. i guess i would have to use filler as well