2003 Corolla Trunk Release

hello i removed the key lock on my trunk to replace it and i did close the trunk after the key lock is out,now the trunk wont open.I tried the release from inside the car by the driver foot.The rear seats do fold down on this model but i have to release from inside the trunk.I can pull the rear driver seat forward to get my hand back behind the seat but not sure what to pull to release the rear driver seat?? any ideas?? thanks

I thought in those years they had a yellow handle to pull on so that people couldnt be locked in a trunk ?? Might be a spot to put a small screw driver in the hole and turn it ... :)

trunk release

I was able to pull the driver side back seat forward and get my hand in to grab the release lever for the back driver side seat!! Than i reached in & hit the yellow release lever in the trunk to open the trunk. I have seen a few people with this problem on the internet....john

trunk release

I have read that a few people were having this problem but nobody had an answer in a google seach of this subject.I was able by myself to pull on the driver side back seat just enough to get my had in and pull the release cable to lower the back seat than crawl in and crab the yellow trunk release lever to open the trunk.I bet the dealer would have done the same thing and i heard they charge $100 for this problem. Did it by myself....john