2003 Toyota Corolla 72,000 miles

Discussion in '2003 - 2008 Toyota Corolla' started by Bunkalunk, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Bunkalunk

Bunkalunk New Member

My thermometer after driving for a while goes to “H” hot and then eventually the check engine light comes on (I just had the radiator replace) and need new tires....
    Does this sound like something serious? Someone asked me should I just get a new car but I only have 72,000 miles on it pretty much only drive locally and have stayed on top of oil changes etc? thoughts please and thanks....

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Rock'n Roller

Rock'n Roller New Member

Since you have already replaced your radiator, its always a good idea to have your cooling system/radiator cap pressure tested for leaks and to ensure the cap is holding the specified pressure. In addition, as general practice you should also replace your thermostat whenever your radiator is replaced. This is cheap insurance since parts are fairly cheap. I typically refresh the entire cooling system @75K miles with a new water pump, thermostat, hoses, etc. It has been my experience that radiators (foreign & domestic) with plastic tanks, will begin to leak at around 75K miles anyways.

If you can resolve the issue without a major expense, it should go to 150K miles easily.