2004 - Just Got a Corolla!

Alex

Hi everyone! I'm 17 and my dad got my first car a couple weeks ago! It being a 2004 corolla :D! So far I love the car! It's a great little machine! I was just wondering however what type of mods you can put on / in a corolla to improve performance or just make it look a little cooler! Thanks everyone!

-Alex
P.S its a red [LE] model and I will post some pictures soon to show off my new baby haha!

Welcome. One of the cheap mods I've done in my corolla that I have loved is simply replaced the dome festoon bulb with an led. Nice bright white light now in my corolla. You can get them on ebay for pretty cheap. 31mm is the size. You can get them in a lot of colors too if you like something different. I like the nice clean white look myself.
31mm LED

I also replaced my trunk light with a nice birght, white led light like this one:
Trunk LED

You can put the above lights to replace your license plates lights if you like the look as well. A little more dissembly required though doing that route. Putting in the dome interior LED and the trunk LED takes about 5 minutes if you're slow.

A Corolla is an economy car, not a performance car, so keep that in mind. Performance modifications almost always reduce fuel economy and these days that can be a very expensive mistake.

One of the modifications that can be made that will help performance and fuel economy both is AMSOIL synthetic lubricants. Check out the link below.

Well for the exterior i bought most of my stuff on ebay i got a JDM mesh grill its the solid black diamond grill along with black diamond headlights but since your car is red you can do a black and red scheme with the black headlights i also have an xenon HIDs on it that i got for $30 same with the grill $30 bucks and the headlights was $100 im planning on getting the JDM altezza taillights to match the headlights for my rolla

Use synthetic oil, save your money for insurance, gas, tires, maintenance and dates. It is not a camaro or mustang, and that is a good thing.

Get a decent radio, or speaker upgrade, maybe, nothing window rattling, just good. USB input, maybe. Bluetooth for phone.

AND NEVER TEXT IN THE CAR, EVER!

Last edited:
i did some mods to my 05 rolla. I added black halo projector headlights, black taillights, black mesh grill, 17 black n chrome rims. hid lights, white led interior lights, white led license plate light, white reverse light, carbon fiber door pillars and 10% tint all around solargard HP supreme, this tint is very good had it for a while now and it hasn't fade a bit, the front visor tint was a diff 1 and that has been changed twice already. I had a cold air intake but took it off when my MAS went bad. Goin put it back on jus now. luv'd the sound when driving.
Next window visors and front, side n rear lips to put on and lowering springs but i hv some suspension parts to change first