2005 Corolla Questions

I'm looking into purchasing a 2005 toyota corolla with just under 62,000 miles on it. In doing so I was wondering what some of the maintenance things I should be looking for/what to expect (what has to be done at what mileage)? Also what are some pros/cons of this vehicle?
Thanks

2005 corolla

I have had my 05 for about 5 years now. In that time I have replaced the tires.
There is an oil change light that comes on every 3-5k miles with a simple procedure to reset.

I have added a TRD strut tower bar and rear stabilizer bar to tighten up the suspension a bit. The car felt a bit squishy at freeway speed but a lot of that could be the tires. This mod has tightened it up noticeably. Also added a k/n replacement filter to the stock air box. Nothing more is needed as this car is drive by wire (no throttle cable) and basically all computer controlled engine functions so any intake/exhaust mods would be a waste since the car performs flawlessly with stock equipment.

I have also added a usa spec toy15 ipod interface to the factory stereo, this pretty much eliminates the need to install an aftermarket stereo, and does in fact work with the base model head unit. (the faceplate number ending in 13 does have the connector in the rear for the cd changer, where the interface will connect.)

My experience has been great mileage, rock solid reliability and overall great value. I am now at 100K plus miles and just changed the spark plugs with toyota factory plugs. The old ones looked almost identical to the new ones with nearly no wear.

this car will serve you well for many years and I highly recommend buying one.
It is still a small economical car, so maybe a bit short on luxury, (I have a base model ce with a 5-speed manual) but what it lacks in comfort it makes up for in value.

Definitely buy this car. but only after having it inspected by a mechanic.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
The oil change light comes on to let you know the oil needs changing. Resetting the light and ignoring its message can result in a destroyed engine.