2005 corolla thumping noise

DLW

I originally was told it was my right CV joint causing the thumping sound on my left side by my original shop. Yesterday I took to another mechnic to get second opinion. I was told my CV joints, boots and suspension was good. He believed since my car has just under 200,000 miles he suspected maybe transmission or maybe an issue with the front left tire (which is less then a year old since I bought new tires) maybe a in perfection possibly. Last night after getting home, I picked my purse up from passenger floorboard. It was very warm to touch. I touched my passenger floorboard as well as driver floorboard, both sides we're very hot. Just what I have researched the transmission or catillic converter could be issue.
The thumping sound has been going on almost a month, and the heated floorboard just noticed last night.

You may want have the motor mounts and struts inspected. From what you've described it sounds more like a strut problem to me. I hope they're not the originals with 200K miles....