2005 Toyota Corolla LE - OBD Code P0741

I have many electrical problems in this car for years and didn't fix any of them. Because, the engine and transmission seems to be fine. Now, it has clocked 136K miles.

It started long back as dash lights flickering and then half of them have up. The clock display stops lighting up. Although, I know that the clock actually works when it lights up once in a great while.

I had ECM recall work done on this car and they changed the ECM. I never pulled the OBD codes. Recently, after oil change, the Toyota service told me that the car needs major repairs, but did not give me any specifics. There is no visible problem in driving however. So, I got suspicious and bought a code reader to find out that code.

Next, I cleared the code, hoping that if there is a genuine problem, it will register the code again in the ECU. But that didn't happen. The only other thing that happened before this is that due to bad has cap the check engine light came on. But I changed the cap and the light went out. I am not sure at this point of there is real problem with the transmission wiring that the code might indicate. Why should it not come back in a while driving around in all sorts of driving conditions?

I am unwilling to get the Toyota shop involved as they will likely waste a ton of money with unpredictable outcome. Therefore, the relevant questions are :
A. Is it possible that the dash electrical problems are linked to transmission wiring?
B. Is it worth paying any more attention since the code didn't come back?

Thanks.

A. Possible but it depends on how far back in the harness these electrical problems go. Chances are there is a lose wire on the interior fuse panel causing this, and the transmission wouldn't be affected by that (I would at least have someone take a look at that, because a loose wire could cause arcing and potentially start a fire. I know it's been years by why chance it?)

B. If the code doesn't come back, then I wouldn't worry about it, but it may signify loose wiring elsewhere as well if the code is intermittent.

Thanks. One of these I might want to look under the console cover. Best Buy installed an auxiliary port to the radio. But electrical problems did not start with that. However, rotating the fan switches cause a few dash LEDs flicker.