2006 Corolla Check Engine Light After ECM

I have a 2006 Corolla CE Manual with 66k miles on it. About 6 months ago, I had the ECM module replaced as part of the recall.

Last week, check engine light came on. According to the manual, it will reset in about 4 trips if there is no persisting problem. It has done this.

I was in the middle of a gas tank. I tend to do a tank of premium after 5 or six tanks. I also use a little Marvel Mystery Oil with each tank.

Error code just reads "misfire".

Has anyone else had the ECM module replaced and had check engine light come on?

Thanks,

John

replace your spark plugs which is easilly done. hell, i showed my wife how to do it! now if i can get her to change the oil in my tacoma, i'll be doing good! hahhahahaa
more time for football!

I have a 2006 Corolla CE Manual with 66k miles on it. About 6 months ago, I had the ECM module replaced as part of the recall.

Last week, check engine light came on. According to the manual, it will reset in about 4 trips if there is no persisting problem. It has done this.

I was in the middle of a gas tank. I tend to do a tank of premium after 5 or six tanks. I also use a little Marvel Mystery Oil with each tank.

Error code just reads "misfire".

Has anyone else had the ECM module replaced and had check engine light come on?

Thanks,

John
premium gas is a waste of money. not needed in your carolla. go with 87 octane.

premium gas is a waste of money. not needed in your carolla. go with 87 octane.
Agreed. In an engine that isn't a high performance turbocharged or supercharged engine, Premium gasoline isn't needed and with Premium's lower Btu's can actually provide for a reduction in fuel economy. Save your money.

Here is an article from the Federal Trade Commission regarding Premium gasoline, stating there's no benefit to using it in non-high performance engines, such as with a Corolla -

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/autos/aut12.shtm