2006 Corolla Stalls in Reverse

Hello!

So yesterday, for the first time, my 2006 Corolla stalled when I attempted to reverse. I had to apply a considerable amount of pressure on the gas pedal to get the car to actually reverse. However, later in the evening, everything worked just fine.

My initial thought was that I was low on transmission fluid, but that was not the case. Any ideas what might be going on here? Thank you in advance!

Don't know. It doesn't seem to be happening today, but I still feel as though it's a problem I should address. I heard about a recall on a computer type of issue that may be related, but couldn't find anything on the 2006 model. I just want to try and get as much info as possible before going to a mechanic so they don't take me to the woodshed and drain my wallet dry.

Well, your actually in the wrong forum for your original question. However, I had a 2006 that we bought new. I totaled it at 6 months, but that’s another story. Anyways, when it was about 3 months old, the computer crashed! The car wouldn’t go over a certain speed and from memory, it wouldn’t go backwards at all. Luckily we were a few miles from the dealership that we bought it from and I was able to get the car there. We left in a loaner and it took them a week or so to get the car fixed.
All with newborn baby in tow!

This is where I got my original reply from. So I would have them start there. Better yet, I think you need a 2018 model !!