2006 - Starter Problem and Check Engine Light

Aglo

Never had an issue with this car in 7.5 years except the ECM that was replaced as per the 2010 recall. Today the starter won't turn over at all. No noise or clicking, nothing. The lights in the dash do come on though. It's a manual so I did manage to start it by dropping the clutch in 1st gear. Now the check engine light is on. I drove around a bit and shut er down. When I tried to restart it, same thing, dash lights work but starter not turning over. Anyone have any ideas? It is the original battery but wouldn't a weak battery turn the engine over at least a little bit? Any advise here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I do have the same problem also my is 2004, I notice though that after 2 o 3 days it starts but then goes back to the same problem. Like you said is not the starter is not the switch is not the fuel pump etc. all fuses works I did test them. the problem starts when I open my door manually when it was lock under the theft alarm. right after my car start with the problem.
is someone that can help apreciate the help. Thanks.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Did you have the alternator tested? The alternator is supposed to recharge the battery and if it doesn't the battery will fall on its face. Then when a new battery is installed, it too will eventually not have enough power to start the engine. If the alternator is malfunctioning, the battery very well might just need a recharge to function properly again, along with replacing the alternator of course.