2007 Toyota Corolla Pricing

Hey guys,

I am looking at a Toyota Corolla in Connecticut. The car is in great condition and has only been in a minor accident where the front bumper was replaced. The vehicle has had one owner with all maintenance records available.

The car has 100K and is an automatic S model (standard equipment, no sunroof, etc.). The dealership is looking for $7700.

I've researched what the car should cost and what others in the area are going for.

The KBB lists between $5,400-$7,600 from a dealership. From what I have seen the car appears to be in amazing shape so I would expect it to be on the higher range.

What do you guys think of the pricing for the year and mileage?

Thanks,

JTMx29

7700$ seems high...especially for an accidented car. I'd be okay with 7000 out the door (taxes, licence, etc included), but that is just me.

There are typically VIN number stickers/plaques, with the specific car VIN number and toyota symbol, on many major components - bumpers, all doors, hood, side panels, trunk, etc. This makes it easy to see when a component (like the front bumper you mention) has been replaced. If something has been replaced, it typically means the car has been in an accident.

When used car buying, I go around and make sure all the tags match the VIN number engraved on the dash. If they are telling you it had a front end accident, I would look closely to see if any other tags are missing. If there are more missing, from say the hood and front side panels, it could indicate a worse accident then they are saying and it would be time to start asking a lot more questions about the accident.

Hopefully this makes sense and if not I can post some links showing images of the VIN number stickers/plaques. Good luck!