2008 LE Locks Blowing Fuses

This is the fuse under the dash labeled "DOOR". If I replace the fuse everything works as it should for one or two cycles of the locks. Then the fuse blows again.

Ideas, comments, suggestions please?

Kev250R

This is my other car
Sounds like a bad Lock Actuator. Easiest way to determine which one is bad is to disconnect each one, one-at-a-time. Once you stop blowing fuses that's the one which is bad (process of elimination). The bad part is in order to do that you'll need several fuses and you'll need to pull your door panels off in order to gain access to the Actuators.

One other quick check you can do without taking anything apart would be to check the wires where they run between the door and the body at; make sure nothing is getting kinked or shorted.

Good luck!

Kevin

Thanks for the rapid response, Kevin.

I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

As an afterthought, I *should* be able to do it with one fuse. Pull all the actuators and reconnect them one at a time until the fuse blows. Yes?

I'll bet good money now it'll the last one.

Last edited:
Solved.

The moron that installed the aftermarket speakers used screws that were too long, and twisted one into the wire bundle that runs in/out of the front passenger side door.

"Zzzzzzinnngggg....zzzziiinnngggg....Okay, I finished drilling the hole...wait...what's this fluid dripping out now?...it kind of smells like gas...you lit a cigarette?....BOOM....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Thats why diesel is awwwwesome. Such a higher flash point. I know guys who weld on full diesel tanks and smoke while working on diesel fuel systems. Would I do it? Hell no. But it's a lot safer.

An interesting side note; in WWII, the American and German tanks both were gas engined so when they were hit, they burned like mad. A lot of people burned to death. :(