2009 Corolla LE radiator fan relay

My AC is delayed coming on and does not always cool when in stop and go traffic on warm and hot days. Just to be clear this is not a refrigeration issue. It is properly charged and works great going down the road. I noticed the other day that when I first started it up on a hot afternoon that only warm air was blowing out of ducts. Then I noticed that the radiator cooling fan was running at low speed and not high. The engine never over heats and maintains constant temperature even in 100 deg. temperatures. My guess at this point is that the radiator fan is not drawing enough air across the condenser to de-super heat condense and sub-cool the refrigerant enough to blow cold air inside idling or stop and go movement. I have researched location of fan relay and in the fuse box by battery there is nothing in the place of where everyone says it is. Also, there is a device with cooling fins located upper right of radiator shroud where the radiator fan plugs in. What is this and what does it do? I think that it may be a relay issue, but cannot check it because I am unable to locate it. My car just has a standard AC control and not auto temp control. Indoor fan works great all the time never an issue and the AC button always lights up. 1.8L engine, air filter new. If anyone can assist would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem with mine. It a 2010 corolla. My refrigerant is also good.

My suggestions
1) locate fuse boxeS. Meaning the one under the hood and inside.
2) check all fuses that are possibly related anything with the AC. Pull them out and visually inspect them as well as continuity test with a meter.
3) Pull out and check all wiring harnesses for damage or possible corrosion, missing pins ....etc.
4) Put a leaf blower on the condenser to see if its cooling right.
5) If you need any schematics/information contact the any Toyota Dealer and they'll send them. I just ask for the parts desk and tell them what i need and they send them to my email.

Good luck and i hope you figure it out for the both of us. I'm just putting up with the hottness. I live in Michigan so it doesn't get too bad here.

I guess if all else fails you can cough up the 100 bucks for the dealership to tell you what's wrong.

-Brad