2009 Corolla p0974

Hello everyone, my name is Shawn and I am currently the proud owner (hopefully continue to be) of a 2009 Corolla le 1.8 with the U341e transmission. The other day the car did not want to accelerate in 1st gear and I got a check engine light. The car will get up to speed eventually, it feels like starting in 3rd gear in a manual car. I checked the code and I got p0974. I looked about everywhere regarding the code. It could be a bad wiring harness, bad solenoid, or dirty fluid. So far I have removed the transmission solenoids all 5 and tested them with a 12v battery. They all activate just fine. I replaced the fluid that came out with Toyota WS fluid, changed filter, and transmission pan gasket. I drove the car and it ran amazing.........for 20 minutes. Then I felt the car jerk when coming to a stop and the check engine is on. I checked the code and it is the same p0974. The car has about 160,000 miles on it and I have had it for the last 15,000 with out any issues. I have purchased a new transmission internal wire harness from Toyota but have not installed it yet. I am just hoping someone can give me any insight or recommend some things to do. I am pretty mechanically inclined but im not comfortable with transmissions. I also don't want to take it to a transmission shop and find it's going to cost $2500. Not worth it to me since the whole car was $5000. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day.