2009 toyota Corolla S loss of power, will not accelerate, check eng light on

My Toyota Corolla all the sudden has no power, will not accelerate and the check engine light came on. I pulled over to a parking lot, turned off engine and re-started the car. It started fine and ran ok....I drove to the dealer and left it for them to check it out. They diagnosed the problem (they thought) to a faulty wiring harness. They said they will replace it for the tune of $1,300 (really?) I took it to my mechanic, they couldn't re-create the problem, it ran fine for close to 100 miles. The dealer had re-set the check engine light. So now do I keep driving it until the same problem happens so they can check it again?

Sorry, I don't have a solution for you, but my 2009 Corolla S (manual transmission) did the exact same thing to me. I was on the way to work one morning and just as I shifted into second, I lost power and got a check engine light. I could barely even keep the car moving, but I pulled onto a side street and shut the engine off. I opened the gas cap to see if there was any vapor pressure (vapor lock should have gone away with carbs, but you never know), but there wasn't. I restarted the engine and everything was fine. I bought a BlueDriver and tried pulling engine codes, but there weren't any stored. I've kept it plugged in incase it happens again, but it has been a few months now and it still hasn't recurred. Maybe the ECU freaked out for some reason?

My Toyota Corolla all the sudden has no power, will not accelerate and the check engine light came on. I pulled over to a parking lot, turned off engine and re-started the car. It started fine and ran ok....I drove to the dealer and left it for them to check it out. They diagnosed the problem (they thought) to a faulty wiring harness. They said they will replace it for the tune of $1,300 (really?) I took it to my mechanic, they couldn't re-create the problem, it ran fine for close to 100 miles. The dealer had re-set the check engine light. So now do I keep driving it until the same problem happens so they can check it again?
HELP- My 2009 Toyota Corolla lost power on the expressway after I accelerated to get out of the way of a semi. Thought I was dead. Had to pull to the side, shut off the engine and it ran fine until I accelerated fast again. Any ideas Boyd?

My 2010 Corolla S used to do this every time on the interstate going through the steep mountains. I checked my spark plugs and sure enough the fourth cylinder was charred while all the others were fine. I replaced it and haven't had the same issue. I drive through that area a couple times a month and it's been fine for the last six months.