2010 Corolla Crank No start condition with no codes

Dan_

I recently parked my vehicle for two weeks and during that time I started it up for a few minutes and it ran fine. There was no issue with the vehicle when it was parked and ran just fine. This morning I went out to start the vehicle and it will not start up. It's not very cold out here and the battery voltage is sitting between 12.3 and 13.0 volts. I have checked for codes multiple times with my OBD scanner and have not found anything. I also sprayed some starter fluid in the air intake and the car did not start after this which leads me to believe its not fuel related.

I have also checked for a clogged air filter and multiple fuses. Not sure where to go from here anybody have any ideas?

I have not checked spark plugs or coils yet because I thought that would throw a code if I had a bad one.

When cranking the vehicle sounds like it wants to start but also sounds off.

Dan_

Changed all four spark plugs today, this did not fix the issue.

Every time I tried to start the vehicle today it sounded like a sensor was just not allowing it to start. However I am still not getting any codes on my OBD scanner.

At the recommendation of a friend I am looking into the fuel pump more tomorrow but I don't undestand why the starter fluid wouldn't work if it was just a bad fuel pump?

Dan_

During cranking my RPM tachometer is not moving at all, can anyone confirm if this is supposed to move during cranking? I'm starting to think I may have a bad crankshaft sensor.

If the car was not turned on for an extended period and the crank shaft sensor went bad during that time would it trigger a CEL or code?

Can anyone recommend an easier method of testing my crankshaft sensor than with a multimeter and checking resistance?

So here’s what I think it is. Either timing has jumped (Timing Chain), or Crank sensor. If you run to auto zone they sell a inline spark plug tester for 15 bucks. Make sure the coil packs for each cylinder are firing. Can you smell fuel durning crank? Also any anti-theft system on your car? Hope this helps