2011 Corolla LE Interior Part Replacement

Hello all,

I just found this forum to ask some insight for the interior part replacement.

I am driving 2011 Corolla LE and no trouble with driving/maintaining it. However, the plastic casing covering gear shift got some cosmetic flaw, and I am wondering what would be the possible way to replace this part. Could you share your experience with purchasing and replacing an interior part?

Thanks for your input.

If your 2011 was built in Japan, the part you need is: 55420-12370 - and if your 2011 was built in U.S., the part is:55420-02400. If you don't know where it was built, there's a label on the driver door sill that says where it was made. Also, if the VIN starts with "J", it was made in Japan, and if the VIN starts with "1", then it was made in the U.S.

I have a blemish like that in my car as well. What I have done in the past (with other cars) is to go to a wrecker. Check out the wrecked Rollas they have in stock. If you find that piece that is in good shape just pull it out and you got it for your car. Just check Vin to be sure it is a Japanese or American car. By the way many Corollas were assembled in Canada as well. Anyway the wreckers is cheap and when picked from the right car it will fit like a glove. Just a thought.