2011 Corolla - Long Life Oil Filters?

I have a 2011 corolla LE & I'm looking for a long life oil filter cause the dealer says I can go upto 10,000 miles before I need an oil change, but I wont let it go that far maybe upto 8,000 at the most, But I was looking for a long life oil filter.....any recommendations?

oil filters

I have a 2011 corolla LE & I'm looking for a long life oil filter cause the dealer says I can go upto 10,000 miles before I need an oil change, but I wont let it go that far maybe upto 8,000 at the most, But I was looking for a long life oil filter.....any recommendations?
I use K&N. A lot of gearheads say Wix are the best, but my Autozone doesn't carry them.

Still coachin basket?

Last edited:
I personaly wont go more than 5K between oil changes, frankly toyota says 10k but they only warranty for a short time, so who covers you after that. If you only keep your car a short time then 10k is fine. The oil is probably good for that long but it still gets dirty. Its true that wix is the better choice, and you can buy them for half the price of K&N filters and I think they are better filters. These so called premium filters are no better than wix or purolater or even motorcraft, I took part in an oil filter research project a few years ago and yes filters have improved since then but the level of quality per brand is still the same. With that said, the filters i looked at were all over the place in quality. And the ones that say they are the best are not, some were so bad that having no filter at all was just as good. You can get wix oil, air, and cabin filters at a place called DISCOUNT FLEET SUPPLY the cartridge filter # 57064 is $3.77 if your willing to buy a case of 12. Im using toyota brand filters myself and they work fine.

Last edited:
Wix doesn't manufacture a long-life oil filter. Their oil filters are engineered for standard drain intervals only. Wix manufactures quality oil filters though.

Changing oil before it's time is tossing out perfectly good oil, wasting money, increasing stress on the environment and allows unnecessary metal-to-metal engine wear from dry starts after the oil change.

The AMSOIL Ea Absolute Efficiency oil filter has led the industry for years and comes with a 15,000 mile/1 year recommended/warranted change interval when using AMSOIL synthetic motor oils. When using any other brand of oil, follow the vehicle manufacturers recommendation, which in your case would be 10,000 miles/one year.

When you want the best, you go AMSOIL. :thumbsup:

I am an Independent AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants Dealer and the prices I will get for you will make you smile. :)

Here is the link to the AMSOIL Ea Absolute Efficiency oil filter for your Corolla. The price you see is regular retail pricing. Send me a private message for a price quote substantially lower than retail pricing -

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/find/product/EA15K01?zo=349698

Below is more information on the AMSOIL oil filter. As you can see from the test results, at whatever interval you wish to change this oil filter, it far outperforms the original equipment Toyota oil filter.

Below I have also included two short, 1 minute videos on several oil filters so you can see the quality, (or not), of the construction of the oil filter.

Here is the link to the tread I posted showing many different oil filter videos of about a minute each showing how well the oil filter is constructed, or not -

http://www.corollaforum.com/showthread.php?t=771&highlight=Filter

Last edited: