2014 Alarm Chirp

RG88

Hi Everyone,

No idea how, but my alarm chirp is disabled. Does any one know how to go about enabling it again? I know the initial thought might be just take it to the dealer, but I am trying to avoid that if possible. The lights still flash when locked/unlocked, but I no longer hear the chirp.

I tried looking online and found steps to enable/disable for other Toyota vehicles, but couldn't find anything specific for the 2014 Corolla.

Hi Everyone,

No idea how, but my alarm chirp is disabled. Does any one know how to go about enabling it again? I know the initial thought might be just take it to the dealer, but I am trying to avoid that if possible. The lights still flash when locked/unlocked, but I no longer hear the chirp.

I tried looking online and found steps to enable/disable for other Toyota vehicles, but couldn't find anything specific for the 2014 Corolla.
i believe i saw it through the set up button, on the radio.

It is is in the vehicle customization settings in the central display, and I know its covered in the manual. I did the opposite with mine, and turned the chirp off. The setting is called "beep" and you can turn it on or off, if you're referring to the sound the standard car makes when locking, not a separately installed alarm. Keep in mind some settings in the display are only available if the car is on but not moving and in park with brake on.

RG88

It is is in the vehicle customization settings in the central display, and I know its covered in the manual. I did the opposite with mine, and turned the chirp off. The setting is called "beep" and you can turn it on or off, if you're referring to the sound the standard car makes when locking, not a separately installed alarm. Keep in mind some settings in the display are only available if the car is on but not moving and in park with brake on.
Totally forgot that setting was there. It was on off but now that I turned it on and even raised the tone volume it still isn't working. Now I'll have to make the trip to the dealer when I have time.

Actually I gave you the wrong info. That only controls the touch screen beep. Start the car in park with break on then touch set up, vehicle, door lock settings. Scroll the whole way down and the last item is the lock tone. Can turn on or off or change volume.