2014 Corolla - Entune Multimedia Unit Firmware Update?

prjkthack

2014 Corolla LE
So I've been doing some research and reading that the Entune App Suite has an app that you can connect and that this app will feed your car any firmware updates currently available.

What about the Entune Multimedia Unit (just the base Entune unit, not the fancy one with navigation/apps)? Is there a way to update the firmware for the base unit? Does it even get firmware updates?

I know I can't connect to my car using the Entune app. It asks for the car VIN and doesn't recognize my car as having a compatible Entune unit. So I can't get firmware updates that way. I'm having trouble with a particular phone that won't display song information or a way to control the device, and everywhere I read suggests updating the firmware. Just trying to figure out how to do that or if there is even an update available.

Thanks!

So I've been doing some research and reading that the Entune App Suite has an app that you can connect and that this app will feed your car any firmware updates currently available.

What about the Entune Multimedia Unit (just the base Entune unit, not the fancy one with navigation/apps)? Is there a way to update the firmware for the base unit? Does it even get firmware updates?

I know I can't connect to my car using the Entune app. It asks for the car VIN and doesn't recognize my car as having a compatible Entune unit. So I can't get firmware updates that way. I'm having trouble with a particular phone that won't display song information or a way to control the device, and everywhere I read suggests updating the firmware. Just trying to figure out how to do that or if there is even an update available.

Thanks!
Two options exist for the Entune Basic.

1.) Go to the dealership and have them upgrade the firmware(for free).
2.) Do it yourself. Go to: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3...oftware-update-fujitsu-ten-questions-etc.html for more info. Extremely detailed installation instructions. If you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself, take it to the dealership. I had mine upgraded at the dealership, I am a DIY person but just didn't feel like ****ing with this radio.

Looks like the link for the download has been taken down. This is definitely something I would let the dealer do, when it goes in for 10k maintenance, if it even needs the update. Mine is working fine, so I don't think I'll bother with it unless I start having problems.

prjkthack

2014 Corolla LE
Yeah I noticed that link is now broken and no one has been able to find any new links.

Thanks anyway guys! I guess its off to the dealer for me! So far...