2014 Corolla Headlight Bulb

I purchased a Toyota corolla 2014 from a private party. This car was a fleet vehicle and it doesn't comes with bumper to bumper warranty (I came to know this via a Toyota Dealer here in Scottsdale, AZ).

Headlight bulb recently got fused and dealer tried to replace the bulb but he couldn't. Now he suggested replacing the whole headlight. He gave me an estimate of $1000 ($800 for headlight and $200 labor), which I think is insane.

It seems 2014 model has complicated headlamp and I am not in any mood to spend $1000 just on headlight lamp. I am not happy with 2014 Toyota Corolla.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
OUCH!. are you sure there is something you are not doing right, to getto a simple removal of a headlamp bulb. I see wha Don has to say he got a 2014, maybe he can video tutorial one to save you a ton of $$$.I refuse to pay for a head light housing to. I go to another Dealer, and have them help out, vs charge you?:thumbsup:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
1. 2014 holigan

2014 TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8L L4 : Electrical-Bulb & Socket : Headlamp BulbPriceAlternateNo parts for vehicles in selected markets.Standard Replacement
WAGNER Part # 9005 {#BP9005} Halogen Capsules

High Beam
$3.06

fishycomics

Super Moderator
2015 led

2015 TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8L L4 : Body : Headlamp AssemblyPriceAlternateNo parts for vehicles in selected markets.TYC Part # 20949400 Complete Assembly
Left; Bulb Type: LED [NSF Certified]

* Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business day$284.79TYC Part # 20949300 Complete Assembly
Right; Bulb Type: LED [NSF Certified]

* Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business day

fishycomics

Super Moderator
This is a toy 2014 S?

Are you sure it is a LED, and not a 9005 bulb, thisis a 2014 I am showing.

Just wanting to make sure that the 2014 does come with leds, was why I posted what I found.

Seriously though, yeah, you can get a module, but removal involves disassembly of the entire headlight, which can bring on condensation and all sorts of other issues that most people don't have enough experience in dealing with.

You're better off getting the complete assembly off eBay or a car that was crashed in the rear unless you have removed and assembled headlights before.

www.rockauto.com has them new for $284.79 per side.

Chances are, when Toyota replaces them, they send them back to the parts factory, they replace the LED module there, clean up the lens, and assemble it to sell again.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Interesting.

If the LED is out. I swap out the high beam with a Low beam 9004. and go that route, before I dish out that kind of cash.

Especially when leds I expect a warranty. Not on bulbs. they are l.e.d.s I find out fro mteh general office if they are actually covered, before getting taken in

post up the rock auto link for the guy Don.

the Assembly can be found for 200 and change new. vs 300 plus online

Last edited:
The best you could do, would be to replace the LED projector assembly with a projector assembly for an HID or a halogen bulb (area is too small for a lens that will be effective enough as a low beam, and it would have to be fabricated). You could probably get the projector kit for slightly less than what one headlight costs (a good set anyway), but that would require time in modifying the headlight assembly. Also, these LED bulbs will far outlast HID and Halogen bulbs ... he just got unlucky.

He bought the car from a fleet, and the standard warranty does not cover fleet use. Honestly, I'm not even sure if the LED is covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty, since it may fall under normal wear and tear.

As far as the rockauto.com link, I would if I could ... Rock Auto's website isn't set up like a typical website, so getting a direct link to a part is rough. He'd have to go through the catalog himself.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Popping off the Bumper, removing a few Phillips or 10-12mm bolts, can be done in under an a hour, a half an hour, to be exact.

If this was a fleet car, and a temporary warranty was given, agree lights are not covered under bumper-to-bumper for many years.

You contact the General office, you calmly talk to them, and progress will get taken care of, don't nothing happens.

If wanting to not fix, and to just go about, I opt to modify the High beams with another bulb that has both hi/low in, and transfer wires around. If I were not handy I still swap out the hi to a low beam bulb.

I would find some one as well, maybe some one local, from this forum, I hear there is a person from your State here, if willing to meet half way to help out. Offer lunch, split the Bill, done.

Keep us all posted. My next car buy will be very picky if this is how a customer is treated.

Ah I see how you did it. Linked the results from the part search.

Putting a low beam bulb in the high beam reflector wouldn't cut it. You'd blind drivers.

Time will tell how long they will last, but typically LED bulbs will go at least 10 years. If I only gotta drop $300 every 10 years, I won't complain. If they start showing that they last only as long as regular halogens because of poor heatsink design, then I'll be a little agitated to say the least, but I have faith in Toyota.

I have issues with my Corolla 2014 headlights from last one year, I replaced originals with TYC last year, driver side LED stopped working after 4 months, now passenger side turn. I am frustrated with this LEDs. I will be happy if some knows how to change halogens as low beam for corolla 2014.

Last edited:
Headlight bulb recently got fused and dealer tried to replace the bulb but he couldn't. Now he suggested replacing the whole headlight. He gave me an estimate of $1000 ($800 for headlight and $200 labor), which I think is insane.
Two things are insane :
a) this price... go internet and you'll find plenty of Toyo dealers selling them for around $360-$380. (part #81150-02E60)
b) The fact that he had to first figure out that you need to replace the whole assembly...
Another is odd :
LED of any kind usually last a long time. Two years is a short life span even for a regular halogen. I guess 1 every X thousands has to go wrong !

I purchased a Toyota corolla 2014 from a private party. This car was a fleet vehicle and it doesn't comes with bumper to bumper warranty (I came to know this via a Toyota Dealer here in Scottsdale, AZ).

It seems 2014 model has complicated headlamp and I am not in any mood to spend $1000 just on headlight lamp. I am not happy with 2014 Toyota Corolla.
It's not the cars fault so don't blame it lol they are LED headlights and made to last! It doesn't surprise me on the price though, cause it is totally worth getting fixed.

That's your highbeam you took a pic of. Like everyone else said it's a 9005. 12.00 to 50.00 at an auto parts store depending on if you go with 1 or 2. It's highly unlikely that the LED would go out!

[QUOTE = "agand6, должность: 19766, член: 5038"] я купил Toyota Corolla 2014 из частной вечеринке. Этот автомобиль был автопарк, и это не идет с бампера до бампера гарантии (я узнал об этом через дилера Toyota здесь, в Скоттсдейл, Аризона).

Фара лампа недавно получил слиты и дилер пытался заменить лампочку, но он не мог. Теперь он предложил заменить весь фару. Он дал мне оценку в $ 1000 (800 $ для фары и $ 200 труда), который я думаю, это безумие.

Кажется, 2014 модель усложняется фары, и я не в любом настроении, чтобы провести 1000 $ только на фары лампы. Я не доволен 2014 Toyota Corolla. [/ QUOTE]
Всем привет . и я столкнулся с этой проблемой. выключает левый ближний svet.diod работ. проблема компьютера привело драйвер. есть ли аналог этого?

Attachments

Всем привет . и я столкнулся с этой проблемой. выключает левый ближний svet.diod работ. проблема компьютера привело драйвер. есть ли аналог этого?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE = "Павел, должность: 25656, член: 6498"] Всем привет. и я столкнулся с этой проблемой. выключает левый ближний svet.diod работ. проблема компьютера привело драйвер. есть ли аналог этого? [/ QUOTE]

Interesting comments. Agree with most posters. Def cannot put a low beam bulb in the hi beam cavity
as beam pattern will blind oncoming drivers. I've modified stuff over the years etc, but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and replace a bad part with the same oem part for best performance. I drive 4 different vehicles
And each has good and bad headlight features. I personally like led LO beam and would go the best price route to get my hands on a used or new one and swap out myself if faced with this dilemma. I too have faith that toyo did their homework and the led LO beam modules should last many miles and lots of months.

Ive had a conix in the car for about 5 years and the headlight has done nothing wrong but the bulb is finally bad and every time i turn it on its automatic reprotect and i have to turn off or on the headlight with the headlight switch.