2014 Corolla L Stereo USB Issue

I recently purchased a 2014 Corolla L. I'm absolutely loving the car and will definitely put Toyota's at the top of my list now. This car has been a dream so far. The only issue I'm really having is that when using the USB with a flash drive or my Galaxy S7, it says USB Error every time. I can't really find any info on this issue, so it leads me to believe it may be isolated. If anyone has any info on this, it will be GREATLY appreciated. This is the normal stereo, non touch screen.

I never use my USB connection. Always had problems with it. I have the touch screen radio (not entune) and find that the Bluetooth connection works best. I was using the aux connector until I got iPhone 7.
Careful your Galaxy 7 might blow up your ride!!

I never use my USB connection. Always had problems with it. I have the touch screen radio (not entune) and find that the Bluetooth connection works best. I was using the aux connector until I got iPhone 7.
Careful your Galaxy 7 might blow up your ride!!
The note 7 is the one that blows up not the S7. Maybe need to double check the format on the USB but if your using a flash drive. I could never get my phone to work well with the USB so I just stick with the flash drive.