2014 Corolla LE

My 2014 Corolla LE has been having issues since the beginning, that annoying noise , rattle, vibrating sounds, creaking. I took it to the dealership for the vibrating sound coming from the driver side, and my service guy, he said it is the turning signal stalk, dealership replaced it. Then, not too long ago , I heard some clicking, vibrating , annoying sound in the same area, dealership replaced the whole sterring wheel assembly. About a month ago, I noticed this creaking sound coming from behind the driver side , everytime I turn slowly, or whenever the car is in slow motion going through speed bumps or turning in to your driveway. It sounded like my suspension, but, I took it back to the dealership , and I was told this time , it is the B Pillar of the car , I was told it was improperly welded.

the only grinding noise i have heard from my car is when i turn it on and i here a grind from underneath the car..o took it in and they said they didn't find anything...i call bullshit but ill probably take it in again

I got my car back but, the creaking sound is still there, very disappointed , taking the car back to the dealership again....
they gave me a loaner , 2016 corolla brand new only has 6 miles , im very thankful for that, but, it has rattling sound all over dash and by the steering wheel....not good for a brand new 2016

Last edited:
My 2015 also has issues with rattles and squeaks. However I find this to be true on a lot of Toyotas for some reason. I had a rental Corolla a while back with the same squeaks and rattles, and my friend's new Camry also has similar rattles and squeaks. By comparison, I have an old Ford Focus with 150k miles that has absolutely NO rattles or squeaks except for the HVAC fan which appears to have started getting noisy.

I think it ultimately comes down to what you pay for. Toyota has priced their Corolla's at bargain basement pricing because that is what they believe their car is worth. It is thousands cheaper than nearly every other compact car on the market. Since I have gone back to school to get another degree to change careers, price was important. I noticed that my DRL's have started getting finicky as it will not always come on when I am driving. I am insanely busy so I will probably clump things together when I go in for something else.

Having rented lots of cars and also as I buy a new car usually every 3 years, I have noticed that cars in this general region that I drive tend to have squeaks and rattles. I wonder whether that is because of the wild temperature variations as well as wild variations in humidity and other factors. We also have horrendous roads.