2014 Corolla LED lights

I just purchased my 2014 Corolla and am having difficulty adapting to the LED headlights. My Yaris had halogen. I've noticed that the LED lights don't get much coverage in low beam and I also notice slight ghostly figures within the lighting. I've been in twice to my local dealership and they said this is normal for the lights and it will just take some getting used to.

They said the ghostly figures (though not many) may be in part due to the headlight lens casting out into the light...hard to describe.

Anyone have these same issues? And is it just common with the lights? In high beam they're absolutely fine...

Ya.. First time when I saw the LED and thought the samething (feels like less coverage in low beam) but now I feel like I see better at night with better coverage. It took me some time to get used to the LED head lights.

Do you notice any ghostly spots projected to the road from your headlights lens? I have one ghostly (barely noticeable unless you are really paying attention) spot in the upper left hand corner of where it projects to the road...again, the dealership said this was normal and just how the lights are.

I haven't noticed.

I love the LED lights and how well they illuminate the side of the road. The cutoff can be a little annoying when you are starting up a hill, but I am used to it. Halogens appear to give off more light because they have scatter, where the LED has a straight cutoff ... but if you drive on a freeway next to someone with halogen, it is obvious that the LED puts out way more light on the road.

I never noticed a ghostly spot, but given that it is in the upper left hand corner, that is most likely there to prevent from blinding drivers when you are going downhill.

Find what the bulb number is and there might be a halogen replacement, but you are still going to have the cut off and same light pattern. The halogen probably won't perform as well as you'd like in our housings. There is a reason the newer cars are using HID and LED technology, it's a far superior method to lighting up the road, and yeah just like others have said, it's something you might just have to adapt to.

Thanks for the response! Might you know if I'm over reacting about the slight ghosting projection I'm seeing or is it indeed just how the LED lights project through the lens?

The LED lamps are a sealed unit and cannot be replaced with halogen. Honestly, I have no idea why you'd willingly go back. Halogens have minimal light output and that yellow color.

I will post a pic later on. To the other post, forgive me stupidity here, but since it is sealed..can the led lamps not be replaced at all even with the same lamp? Perhaps this is a faulty lamp that could simply be replaced.

The LED lamp assembly can be replaced, but you cannot, as far as I know, disassemble and just replace the LED array.

The picture will tell me if it is normal or if some of the LEDs are burned out. These lamps use an LED array, so dark spots will signify that some are burned out. But I need a picture to make that conclusion.

With these pics you can't see the "ghostly" presentation I was speaking of in the upper left corner, but you can see the distinct cut off on the later pics

I called my local dealership to see if I could replace the LEDs with another light and they said no...which is what was said here...however can I replace the left LED lamp with a brand new one? I noticed it has quite the gash on it in the upper left hand corner coincidentally. I brought it in two weeks ago for them to adjust the height and that's when the ghostly projections appeared and I realized a scratch in the lens.

The rep said the scratch was too high to have any impact on the projection of the lights.

They also called back and said they have Wagner replacement headlights that would work because my VIN number states I don't have LED lights...hmmmm

The lens on the light cover for the assembly? Or for the LED lens?

Regardless, if they scratched it during adjustment you should demand a new one. They messed up, they need to own up to it.

I should be able to have them flip the led lights from left to light easily enough, right. Perhaps that will answer my questions if the projections are you normal or that particular led light projects differently and at least it will be on the passenger side.