2014 Corolla S CVT

First, I must say this Corolla is the best ever. Love it, drives like a charm, feels like a class above.

Love the manual and sport modes. paddle shifter with 7 speed is just awesome and fun to use.

Only problem I have is the CVT on take off. It seems like the 1st gear is too tall. CVT's are computer controlled. Any after market reset or MAP reprogammming available to lower the ratio? I believe if the ratio is dropped, the fun factor and power boost will be spot on.

thanks.

First, I must say this Corolla is the best ever. Love it, drives like a charm, feels like a class above.

Love the manual and sport modes. paddle shifter with 7 speed is just awesome and fun to use.

Only problem I have is the CVT on take off. It seems like the 1st gear is too tall. CVT's are computer controlled. Any after market reset or MAP reprogammming available to lower the ratio? I believe if the ratio is dropped, the fun factor and power boost will be spot on.

thanks.
You can always try to find a module that can let you modify the system parameters of the CVT programming via access of the OBD II port or directly connecting to the ECU. That, of course, can void the warranty if the re-programming is sloppy and damages anything as a result.