2014 Corolla Transmission Failure

Hey guys/gals,

Few weeks back my 2014 Corolla had an issue with the RPMS Fluctuating, especially when i was going under 25mph, few days later it was doing it constantly. I took it to the dealership, and they did the diagnostics. They said the Knock learn valve to be very low, and said that it was now improved to 14.7, which i think is where it should be. But after paying $600 for labor and 20 for parts, the problem was still there.

Two weeks later yesterday, my car started to have hard time going uphill from a stop point. It would go no more then 5mph and stuck at 2000rpms. On flat road it was ok, and after 40mph the RPMS would abruptly go up even with a slight foot on the gas paddle.

Today, i took it in and they said i need a new transmission and the total cost is 10k with labor.

Do you guys know of any issues relating to mine, and any suggestion. I can't believe it would have this issue at 80k miles. Should i take it to Toyota's upper management?

Thanks

Do they work by trial and error ? I would sure ask a detailed written report about the condition of the transmission then check with other dealers/mechanics and Toyota. 10K is way over the top... You can find salvaged K313 for around 1K on eBay !
Also, what is your version ? Your trouble sounds like some problematic behavior some Valvematic engines had. A quick and simple firmware update solve the problem.

It's the Sport model. I think so, i'll get the full report on what they did. Also, i did talk to a mechanic and he said he can find me a used one for around 1k, and i'll look at eBay and see if one is available near me. I talked with Toyota customer service and they said they call me after talking to higher up. I'd appreciate it if you had more info on problems with Valvematic engines, and I'll research it myself too. is there an OEM number for full transmission assembly or or any links on ebay? i'll appricate it

Valvematic engine is only in LE Eco and iM (S is VVTi). I never experienced the problem (car going into limp mode) as it only occurred under specific conditions. Anyway, they simply updated the firmware to fix the bug.
I don't know the part number of the CVT but the model is K313 CVTi-S.

Do they work by trial and error ? I would sure ask a detailed written report about the condition of the transmission then check with other dealers/mechanics and Toyota. 10K is way over the top... You can find salvaged K313 for around 1K on eBay !
Also, what is your version ? Your trouble sounds like some problematic behavior some Valvematic engines had. A quick and simple firmware update solve the problem.
More like $500