2014 cvt winding out.

Howdy all ,
I have noticed that every so often when I takeoff from lights a little bit harder the trans seems to really rev out , sometimes as high as 5000 rpm. I am not talking about putting my boot into it , I'm past all that , I mean just taking off a bit fastet.. Also if I pump the pedal while driving at a constant speed the revs seem to take a few seconds to drop back .... Is this normal , I'm used to gear boxes that go clunk ....

I'm assuming you have the CVT automatic? If so, there is a little bit of "lag" with these transmissions compared to a traditional trans.
It's something you'll have to get used to.
Also, it's a drive by wire system. So no throttle cable.
A few people here have installed a pedal commander. (aftermarket mod)
And they have said good things about it.
Mine does the slow rev down also. It can be annoying at times especially if your trying to get back on it.
I've just passed this off as normal and have gotten used to it.
Add short ram aftermarket intake and a jetchip MAFS and your throttle response will improve. Exhaust will also help, but not as much.

I never put a lot of faith in an electronic tach. Every one I ever had seems to have had an accuracy issue. I mean every one GM, Nissan, Ford. Maybe I wrong, but I just consider it the nature of the beast. Over the years I have stopped paying attention to them. Even in my Nissan I would shift by engine loudness or speedometer

check if the variomat is not become loose
and check for anything that can go loose and produce that sound
also check if you have clearence in the bearings