2015 Corolla s plus. Top five best performance upgrades???

1.) New engine
2.) Stage 3 clutch
3.) Turbo
4.) LSD
5.) exhaust set up

Problem with those 5 you listed is they require even more than just those.

Brakes, tune, a transmission that can handle the torque, and the worst problem of all, this needs to be RWD and not FWD.

My list for this car would probably just be one thing:

1.) Tune

Unless you want to get serious with modding this thing from a performance standpoint, you would need to do an engine swap.

I'm not sure if you can flash the ecu on any toyota unless it's using some sort of a piggyback obd2 drive with tune software at least that's what I was told.

Boom video explanation. I believe Monkey Wrench Racing has an LSD compatible four our corolla's but it is pricey.
Thanks DJ. Brilliant! The guy who came up with the LSD concept was a genius.

The narrator of the video, on the other hand, seems to have an aversion to the word "the". Strange o_O

Th Corolla is an econobox. The 2ZR motor is not built for power. And if you have the CVT no amount of bolt ons is going to matter unless the computer is reprogrammed.

You want a performance upgrade? Convert to rear disk brakes.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
What to get:
1) Improve your Driving Skills(It's 90% driver and 10% car)
2) Built 2ZR or engine swap(cams, tune, etc.)
3) Transmission upgrades(short shifter, LSD, etc.)
4) Suspension Upgrades(coilovers, strut bars, etc.)
5) Weight Loss(Replace with carbon fiber parts)

What to stay away from:
1) Rice stickers(Flame stickers, Chevy badge on your car...)
2) Being a showoff(Don't be a stupid child while driving)
3) Fartcans(Install a proper exhaust system and not a food can)
4) Big Spoilers(Your driving a FWD car, not a Plane)
5) Trying to "fit in"(Mod your car however you like, it's your car, not ours)

Even though most people say that they are just Corolla's think that they are not worth modding, you can do anything with time, money, and attitiude. If you want to mod, I would say start small like lowered springs, intake, etc. and work your way up and see how each mod affects the car. This is how you learn and this is how you have fun in life.

Th Corolla is an econobox. The 2ZR motor is not built for power. And if you have the CVT no amount of bolt ons is going to matter unless the computer is reprogrammed.

You want a performance upgrade? Convert to rear disk brakes.
On a FWD car with this much forward weight bias, the rear brakes do not do a whole lot. You would likely gain far better braking performance by upgrading the front brakes to something like the Hawk street/sport pads which are about as aggressive as you want on a daily driver.

Jlinn

For starters, how would you get everything to bolt up together?
For starters I wouldn't do it I've already talked to a shop here in Fairfield who specializes in swapping engines he said he's done the k20a2 in the 11th gen spit should work in this new model.

For starters I wouldn't do it I've already talked to a shop here in Fairfield who specializes in swapping engines he said he's done the k20a2 in the 11th gen spit should work in this new model.
hm...interesting...but yeah its blasphemous to put a honda engine into a corolla...

Jlinn

It would be like putting a Chevy engine in a Ford or like how they put Chevy small blocks in the Dodge cars used in one of the F&F movies.
Ok what's the problem why is it a bad thing to put a Honda engine in a corolla??? Is there bad blood b/t Chevy and ford???

Jlinn

You want to exchange engines between car rivals! Honda to Toyota and Ford to Chevy and BMW to Mercedes to Lexus to etc.
Lol toyota and Honda are rivals????? That explains why their cars look alike I don't give a shit about rivals and engine is an engine the k20a2 just happens to be better then the 2zr

Lol toyota and Honda are rivals????? That explains why their cars look alike I don't give a shit about rivals and engine is an engine the k20a2 just happens to be better then the 2zr
Ya...the corolla engine was built for economy, the honda engine was built for...i don't know something in between?

On a FWD car with this much forward weight bias, the rear brakes do not do a whole lot. You would likely gain far better braking performance by upgrading the front brakes to something like the Hawk street/sport pads which are about as aggressive as you want on a daily driver.
I was discussing this in toyotanation. Here is the best response I can share.

Attachments

They are correct when talking about balance, but that really applies when you regularly take the car to 10/10 to 11/10ths of its limit. The reality is that the severe forward weight bias does not put much stress on the rear, especially with the weight transfer that takes place under hard braking. The biggest benefit could be less fade from the rear with discs due to better heat dissipation. I do not know about the Corolla, but doing a disc brake conversion could be prohibitively expensive as well. The Corolla is also more or less designed to be reliable, economical, and efficient transportation and not a canyon carver. It all boils down to your passion and the size of your wallet with what can be accomplished.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
The best performance upgrade is buy a Corolla for Point A to Point B driving.

Buy a new 2016 Camaro SS. Done.
This is exactly what I mean when I wrote this above:
Even though most people say that they are just Corolla's think that they are not worth modding, you can do anything with time, money, and attitude. If you want to mod, I would say start small like lowered springs, intake, etc. and work your way up and see how each mod affects the car. This is how you learn and this is how you have fun in life.

The best performance upgrade is buy a Corolla for Point A to Point B driving.

Buy a new 2016 Camaro SS. Done.
Or buy the new Shelby Cobra GT350 with the flat plane crank 8200rpm redline v8. Better than a Honda and the type of engine Honda no longer builds.

Hellcat all the way..
Or if you have the cash and a plane ticket go to Canada and pick up a R34 for about $10,000.
Yeah...get an R34...good luck getting it legal here considering the only company that can make the final piece to make it legal are pieces of shit found on the devils crusty asshole. The company wants $10K for an airbag that would make the car legal and they horde the IP to themselves. You can get it into america by using the 25 year rule. So far, I have already seen 2 1989 R32's here in Florida since April.

Chances are they charge $10k because there is not a lot of demand for it. The lack of competition would also indicate lack of demand.

Problem with those 5 you listed is they require even more than just those.

Brakes, tune, a transmission that can handle the torque, and the worst problem of all, this needs to be RWD and not FWD.

My list for this car would probably just be one thing:

1.) Tune

Unless you want to get serious with modding this thing from a performance standpoint, you would need to do an engine swap.
Okay, so as my name suggests, I'm new to cars. Very new. But i love them. So, sorry for asking such a newbie question but how does one get their car tuned?

For a tune, ask these long time Corolla fans about who is reputable. Reputation is critical just as if you were looking for a neurosurgeon to mess with your brain. A bad tune can be very bad.

Rather than import engines, a better route may be forced induction depending on how well built the power train and drive trains are. The problem will likely be whether the CVT can handle it or not.

For a tune, ask these long time Corolla fans about who is reputable. Reputation is critical just as if you were looking for a neurosurgeon to mess with your brain. A bad tune can be very bad.

Rather than import engines, a better route may be forced induction depending on how well built the power train and drive trains are. The problem will likely be whether the CVT can handle it or not.
So, essentially you take it to a shop of good reputation and they use their equipment to tune it? and how would you do a forced induction? I'm sorry, I'm brand new to modding and engines and am trying to soak up as much knowledge as i can

I believe he is talking about a Turbo for your engine. I am not sure that the CVT transmission can handle it.
I haven't done a lot to my 2014 S, but what I have done has made some difference.
I have added a K&N Short Ram intake, and I found a performance module that actually works. My throttle response in a lot Bette, and fuel economy has improved as well. When I put it in sport mode it moves pretty quick.