2015 Corolla Slow To Start Problem

My Toyota has 2k miles on it and it is very slow to start from warm. It is fine in the morning or when not driven for 7+ hours, but when I try to start it within 15 min of being driven, it takes a while to start and sometimes it makes a noise when it finally fires.

I took it to the dealership but they couldn't identify what's wrong with it.

Here is a video:

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to solve it?

oh my good god...that is definitely not suppose to take that long to start up...i live in SoCAL and i park my corolla in the garage and it takes at most 2 shots to fire up....unless u live in below freezing temperatures that definitely should not happen....but i will admit when i start it up i hear a subtle rattling noise for a second..do u also hear the same sound?

Have someone start it for you while you stand behind the car and watch and see if you see or smell anything not normal. How are all of your fluid levels? The only time that has ever happened is in my old Focus on a -16 F morning, or on an old Taurus with 140k miles when a fuel injector was leaking.

oh my good god...that is definitely not suppose to take that long to start up...i live in SoCAL and i park my corolla in the garage and it takes at most 2 shots to fire up....unless u live in below freezing temperatures that definitely should not happen....but i will admit when i start it up i hear a subtle rattling noise for a second..do u also hear the same sound?
No rattling noise for me. It just takes forever to start and sometimes it makes a noise at the end. The mechanics at the dealership called the Toyota engineers but they couldn't help either. So now I am waiting for the TAS case to be resolved, but don't have much hope in it. A new car is not supposed to have problems after 2k miles. It's pretty disappointing.

I don't live in below freezing temperatures :)

No rattling noise for me. It just takes forever to start and sometimes it makes a noise at the end. The mechanics at the dealership called the Toyota engineers but they couldn't help either. So now I am waiting for the TAS case to be resolved, but don't have much hope in it. A new car is not supposed to have problems after 2k miles. It's pretty disappointing.

o well i would definitely push to get them to either replace ur car or locate the problem..cause that sounds like it could be problematic later on 0_o

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
I would say that if your dealership isn't doing anything, go to someone who has a code scanner and tell them to scan the OBD to see if your Corolla has any codes.

I would say that if your dealership isn't doing anything, go to someone who has a code scanner and tell them to scan the OBD to see if your Corolla has any codes.
Dealership checked for codes but there were no codes present. They also tested for fuel pressure, gas quality and battery. All turned out fine. Yet, it still doesn't start well. It's pretty strange. The interesting thing is that in the morning, or when starting from cold, it starts fine. Also, if I've driven it, turned it off and then immediately (or within a minute or two), I start it back up, it starts fine...If I wait 10-15 minutes and start it, it is very slow and sometimes makes a noise at the end.

Have someone start it for you while you stand behind the car and watch and see if you see or smell anything not normal. How are all of your fluid levels? The only time that has ever happened is in my old Focus on a -16 F morning, or on an old Taurus with 140k miles when a fuel injector was leaking.
There is no smell or anything unusual. Fluids should be fine...it's been driven only for 2 months. Yeah, in cold weather, it would be understandable. But it's 80-90F here right now :) I researched but can't find anybody having this issue. However, I did find a video on youtube posted a month ago with the same problem. Maybe it's a factory defect.

The YouTube video poster said they fixed the issue by changing the injections...whatever that means. I am assuming fuel injectors. He also said that when he went to the dealership, there were 2 other people having the same issue with 2015 Corolla. Going to the dealership again this week. Fingers crossed they solve the issue.

Hi all!

So I went to a different dealership this past Tuesday. They were able to identify the problem - bad fuel pump. The dealership said that after being turned off, the pump was retaining the pressure only for 30 seconds, instead of up to 5 minutes which is the norm. So I had the whole fuel pump replaced.

The slow start problem is gone and I hope it doesn't return.

They told me a different customer came with similar issue but theirs was solved by some switch. I start to wonder what's up with 2015 Corolla...

I am happy the problem is solved and I hope this is the last problem with this brand new car.

Thanks all for reading this thread! I hope it helps others looking for a solution.

Moe

Get a new starter and see if it happens again. Or the fuel pump.