2016 corolla leak

Zombie

I have a serious water problem. I drove a few hundred miles in heavy rain . My entire floor/ carpet is soaking wet. Looked inside the trunk and the spare tire well had some water in it as well as the lower part of the rear quarter panels. ( acessible from the trunk.) has any one had a similar problem. 2016 corolla s

Zombie

Forgot to mention the water is fresh, nothing from the cooling system. Car has 55k miles on it and all door and window seals / weatherstripping is perfect condition

do you have a sunroof? If you do the drain hoses may be disconnected or plugged up. If no sunroof then there is an in somewhere. I had a Cavalier that got water in the trunk from the wheel. The wheel was kicking up water and it was getting in the air vent just behind it and getting in the trunk. Chevy did a simple fix and place a plastic 'tray' just below the vent so the water did not hit it. I would check under the dash and see if there is a missing, cracked seal in the firewall that may have let the water it.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Inspect, the car look for hte vents in the rear trunk they may been damaged or shifted. who knows. maybe that puddle was deeper then you thought? and gotten in all over.