2016 Corolla not starting

I have the 2016 Corolla for 4 years running fine. During this shelter in place in California, I ook car out 4 times in 3 months. Last I took was 2 weeks back. Today it does not start.
- Lights, radio dashboard lights, LCD all turn on
- Cannot press brake all way down
- When I press Start button, it makes a screeching sound, but engine does not turn on
- Replaced battery of remote also. (this is keyless start model)

Any idea how to go about. Should I still jumpstart and see, could it be battery. Don't have cable, so thought of calling GEICO roadside help

Any tips appreciated
Thanks!

How old is the battery? You could try and have someone jump you. It does sound like a battery issue, though. Vehicles are not meant to sit for extended periods of time, but I understand the situation. Every few days you should drive it a minimum of 10 miles on the freeway to charge the battery. Also, gas will go bad over an extended period without a gas stabilizer added to your fuel tank.

jolly

As Rock'n Roller say, sound like a weak/dead battery. In modern cars, battery is constantly solicited by various electronic/alarm even when the car just sit. The longer it sits without any driving, the weaker the battery gets. If it's any consolation, I've seen quite a few around here with the lock down. The harder to press brake pedal is a memorabilia of pre power-brakes era ;)

Sounds like a battery for sure. You can buy a jump box from Walmart, they have one for $40 that says it jumps 4cyl and 6cyl by Stanley.. I got it for my grandpa's truck. It jumped a 5.0L v8 with a completely dead battery

But jumping a dead battery is bad for your alternator.. they're supposed to maintain a charge, not charge your battery. I would suggest getting the battery tested and buy a battery tender or charger for times when you aren't using the car.

Or perhaps just disconnect the battery when not in use, but on a modern car that could pose issues.. I use to disconnect my Jeep when not in use

will keep posted, i ordered a battery tester and a wrench in preparation for changing a battery. if battery tests comes as replacing battery, i will make a trip to costco to get a battery